The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI) has held a symposium on Awqaf, in cooperation with the Kuwait Awqaf Public Foundation, in Strasbourg, France on 14-15 September 2018.
The theme of the symposium was "Awqaf and charitable systems in Europe: Towards a human civilization partnership".
It was hosted by the Association of Muslims Alsace (AMAL) in Strasbourg, in cooperation with local civil society groups.
The symposium addressed the following topics:
- Awqaf and charitable systems in Europe: Humanitarian objectives and prospects for cooperation.
- Awqaf and charitable systems in Europe: Regulation and constraints.
- Awqaf systems and charitable systems in Europe: Descriptive study.
- Between the Waqf and charitable institutions in the West (unity of thought but different results).
- The constraints of financial management in the Waqf institution compared to the European model.